Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Insecure Way of Living

I was driving home after a long day of deep thinking and internal observation of my life, and the thought popped into my head.... Insecurity produces irrational thinking.

Let me say that again, insecurity produces irrational thinking. Now what do I mean by that statement. Okay, so you have been hurt before by the one you love and now carry around this feeling of insecurity. Feeling as if you don't measure up. So when you feel like this for more than 60% of the time, you can start to see things that are not really occurring. At least this has been my experience. I think it's because you don't want to be hurt again. You don't like feeling vulnerable so you use all you got to make sure that you are never in the same position twice. So much so that you see things not as they are but as they appear to be.

So how do you move past this? I think it's one of those things where you have to make a conscious decision to change your way of thinking. In other words, when the situation pops up where you start to think that you are seeing things that make you start to put your walls up. Take 60 seconds and look at the situation from all angles, then make a rational decision. Remember we are to live by principle not emotion.

Just some words of advice.

2 comments:

  1. You come across as a victim, but is it possible that your feeling of vulnerability comes from your own sins? How can you keep blaming someone who may have hurt you in the past for the way your acting now? Do you deny that your insecurity comes from your own lusts and desires? How about your standards for yourself are thay the same standards for the person who may have hurt you or are they higher? Have you even forgiven this person or are you merely tolerating them because you feel it your duty? Your blog sounds nice on the surface but I question its full sincerity. Are you truly being vulnerable and are your insecurities yours based on your own behavior and true feelings or the unforgiven sins of the one you say hurt you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For this blog I was not talking about myself. I was referring to a situation I observed in someone that I care about. Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete